Swallow Barn at The Old Plough, Mill Road, Wyverstone, IP14 4SE
Holiday Letting Agreement
Terms and Conditions of Booking and Rental
- Customers renting Swallow Barn are referred to as ‘the Guest’
- The Owners of Swallow Barn are referred to as ‘the Owner’.
2. Duration and Times of Rental
- Rentals commence at 3pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed. The period is hereafter referred to as ‘the Holiday’.
- The period booked will be stated on the Booking Confirmation provided to the Guest when they book and cannot be exceeded without prior approval. The Guest will be liable for any cost of whatever nature incurred as a result of an unauthorised extension.
The Booking Form, together with these Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the Owners and the Guest. A booking will only be accepted upon submission of a properly completed Booking Form accompanied by the required Deposit or, full Rental Charge and Cleaning Charge (if applicable) if the booking is made within 8 weeks of the Arrival Date. See below (Deposit, Final payment and Security/Cleaning Deposit).
4. Acceptance of Booking
The Owner reserves the right to refuse any bookings without reason. The Owner does not accept commercial or third party bookings.
5. Authority to Sign
The person who completes the Booking Form certifies that:
- The signatory is over 18 years of age.
- They agree to take responsibility for the persons occupying the property (including any animals) and to notify the Owner if they are not a member of that party.
- They are authorised to agree the Terms and Conditions of the Booking and rental on behalf of all persons included on the Booking form, including those substituted or, added at a later date.
If a booking is made 8 weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of 25% of the total cost is payable.
If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus any additional charges, must be paid at the time of booking. Payment should be made by Paypal.
7. Final Payment
Unless otherwise agreed with The Owner, the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property quoted at the time of the booking. As soon as the booking is received and accepted by The Owner, the Guest is liable for payment of the balance of rent, along with any additional charges. Payment of rent and additional charges are payable to the Owner 8 weeks before the start of the Holiday (the Due Date) and non-payment by the Due Date may be treated as a cancellation. If payment is not received by the Due Date, then the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeit. The Due Date will be set out on the booking confirmation.
8. Overseas Bookings
Overseas Guests may pay by Pay Pal. In the event that Paypal is not available, The Guest will be liable for payment of any bank or currency exchange charges arising from such a transaction.
9. Cleaning Deposit
An additional charge of £10 per week or part-week will be made if Guests intend to bring more than 2 dogs - this accounts for any additional cleaning that may be required as we also cater for guests who may have allergies..
A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the Holiday. A Guest who wishes to cancel the Holiday must notify The Owner in writing. If this is within 12 weeks of the Rental period, we will make every effort to re-let the property due to a cancellation, however we reserve the right to deduct any costs directly incurred from the Guest’s deposit before returning this. Please note that, subject to being able to re-let the property, there will be no refund after the 8 week period.
11. Booking Changes
Guests wishing to change the arrival date for the Booking may do so if the property is available, subject to the payment of any additional rental charges and with the agreement of the Owner. Guests wishing to change details of their party may only do so with the agreement of the Owner prior to the commencement of the Holiday.
12. Non-availability of Property
If for any reason beyond the Owners’ control the property is not available on the date booked (owing, for example to fire damage) or, the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting. All rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
13. Matters beyond the control of the Owner
The Owner cannot be held responsible for matters beyond his control such as, without limitation, noise, nuisance or, disturbance resulting from building works, neighbours or, local events, disruption to supplies by utility providers, or any closure of amenities listed in the property description.
14. The Holiday
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a holiday only and for the designated period as stated when the Booking is confirmed.
15. The Guest’s obligations
- To be responsible for the property and to take all reasonable care of the furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. Guests must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning
- Upon departure to pay for any losses or, damages to the property caused by the Guest, member of their party or, any animal which accompanies the Guest or member of their party. This (without limitation) includes the structure, grounds, fittings or, contents of the property and surrounding facilities (reasonable wear and tear excluded). Such costs will include repairs, replacements and the cost of any additional cleaning necessary at the conclusion of the Rental period).
- All minor damages (eg broken crockery and glasses) will be paid for or, rectified by replacement by the Guest at the conclusion of the Rental Period.
- To permit the Owner or, his representatives reasonable access to the property and in case of emergency
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form
- Not to sell, sublet or, transfer the booking to another party without the Owner’s agreement
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description - a cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of neighbouring premises
- To comply with any safety and security instructions and waste disposal instructions detailed in writing or, verbally by the Owner or, identified in the property information folder
- To vacate the property on time and not to arrive before the agreed availability time on the Arrival Date unless agreed with the Owner.
- To comply with these Terms and Conditions during the rental period
The barn accepts well behaved dogs accompanying the Guest, subject to the following:-
- Booking with dogs cannot be accepted without prior discussion with the Owner(please note the Owner reserves the right refuse entry to the property if the dog or dogs are not as described by the Guest)
- Dogs must be fully house-trained
- Dogs will have up to date immunisations and have been effectively treated for any fleas and parasites
- Dogs are the sole responsibility of the Guest at all times
- Dogs must be supervised and not left alone in the property at any time
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedroom or, on the bed
- Dogs are only allowed on sofas if the sofa is covered with the blankets provided. This is to ensure that we keep sofas suitable for guests who may have allergies to pet hair.
- Guests clear up after their dog or dogs and dispose of any dog waste in the available dog bins which are located a short distance from the property
- Guests do not allow their dog or dogs to cause damage, noise, nuisance or, distress during their stay to any person, animal or, property
- Guests keep dogs on lead on walks crossing the surrounding farmland unless having reliable recall
- The Guest is responsible for any damage howsoever caused by their dog and liable to reimburse the Owner for any replacement or repair thereby necessitated. The Owners reserve the right to terminate the contract if the behaviour of the Guest's dog or dogs is considered unacceptable
The Owner operates a no smoking policy in the property. Smoking is not permitted other than in the designated area (see property information folder in the barn for details).
17. Personal Property
The Owner is not responsible for the personal property of the Guest or any member of the Guest’s party during or, after the rental period.
18. Problems or Complaints
Any problems or deficiencies in the property or its contents must be reported to the Owner or his representatives immediately (or at least within 24 hours) of such problems and deficiencies being discovered. On receipt of such report, the Owner or, his representative will agree in good faith with the Guest what remedial action should be taken. On no account will complaints be accepted or, correspondence entered into where complaints are made after the end of the Rental period, since no opportunity to take action would be allowed.
The Owners of Swallow Barn are not liable for any loss or damage to any Guest’s property or any property belonging to a member of the Guest's party howsoever caused. The Guest or members of his/her party cannot hold the Owners of Swallow Barn liable for any personal injury/death howsoever sustained where the Owners and/or their employees have used reasonable skill and care; and/or where caused by the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party (including inadequate supervision of
children); and/or where caused by the fault of a third party, and/or where caused by an event that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided.
20. Breach of Contract
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or, any of their party, the Owner or, his representative reserve the right to refuse entry or to re-enter the property and end the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave.
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Owner, then the Guest has the right to end the Holiday and leave.
Ending the Holiday by either The Owner or his representative or the Guest does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English Courts
21. Validity Clause
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Booking Condition is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.
22. Data Protection
Any information provided to the Owner by the Guest will only be used to communicate with the Guest with regard to the booking and any services provided by the Owner. Details of the Guest or, his party will not be disclosed to any their party except when required by law.